Friday, March 16, 2007

Working Together - 03/16/07

Okay, so we played a lot of new stuff but we mixed in a bunch of stuff from my CDs as well.

New stuff

The Dollyrots:
I totally [heart] this band. They're so much fun.
Son Volt: This was Steph's pick. She digs Son Volt more than I do but she didn't really dig this song too much.
Joe Stickley: I picked this for Steph because she loves Bob Dylan and this was from a compilation of Misourri artists covering Bob Dylan songs. This one wasn't as good as we'd hoped.
Artichoke: I picked this one and I can't remember what it was like. Musta been awesome, no?

Old stuff
Talking Heads: This whole album makes me remember mowing the lawn at the lake. I always used to put this on in my sweet, yellow Sports Walkman.
UB40: My cousin introduced me to this album when I was about 15. For the longest time I didn't even realize all the songs were covers.
Tom Petty & The Heatbreakers: I CANNOT get enough of Tom Petty. It's my American music.
Jaime Walters: EVERYONE who knows me knows of my love for ALL things 9-0.
Joey Ramone: This album was recorded right before he died and, for me, it's all the things that made my favorite Ramones songs my favorites.
Brandy with Monica: Brandy = yummy
David Gray: I saw his tour at The State when it came through and his drummer simply blows me away. I also totally dig the "dreamy atmosphere" of his songs.
R.E.M.: I'm getting more and more into R.E.M. every day.
Journey: Despite the newfound cache of popularity (which surprisingly didn't seem to come exclusively from The O.C.), Journey has always been one of my favorite bands. Personally, I like a little REO a little bit better.
Allman Brothers Band: I visited a girl I knew when she was at Bowdoin (Hi Kristen!) and we went skiing after what was my first real party (and first real hangover). The guy who tagged along was a BIG Allmans fan and after that weekend I was too.
Whitney Houston: Whitney is my all-time guilty pleasure. My love for her knows no bounds.
Christina Aguilera: Little X-Tina could be the next Whitney. If she'd only figure out who she is as a person.

Melanie C.: most people who know me know my love for all things "Spicey."
Bif Naked: Oh, Bif Naked. Where is your sophomore album. P.S. I loved you on "The Chris Isaak Show."
U2: This one is from one of the early albums (I can never keep straight what comes from what) which are, in my opinion, the only good ones. Pre-Joshua Tree for me, please.
Counting Crows: I'm not sure when it happened but I've become a Counting Crows fan.
Neil Young: I watched this Unplugged when it was on and I recorded it on tape in Ben Lefever's room at school. I listened to that tape a LOT before this was actually released.
Lou Rawls with Diane Reeves: This from the soundtrack to "That Old Feeling" (Bette Midler, Dennis Farina). I saw this movie at UMaine and when it was over, I ran down to the record store and bought a copy. It's that good.
Sarah Vaughn: Same as above.

The Spinners with Dionne Warwick: Who doesn't like the Spinners. I was gonna play, like, "Rubberband Man," but Steph likes The Spinners (and knows their music better than I do) so she picked. She picked this and it's a GEM.
Angie Stone: If Angie Stone could stop writing about such stupid topics - in one song she'd rather be pickin' up bottles than not be with her man - I'd like her a whole lot more. But when she's good, she's absolutely amazing.
Michael Jackson: King of Pop. For sure.
Al Green: Can't get enough of Al Green. EVER.


Enjoy.

The DollyRots - Nobody Wants U

Talking Heads - Pull Up the Roots
UB40 - Johnny Too Bad
Tom Petty - Shadow of Doubt
Jamie Walters - Hold
Son Volt - Highways and Cigarettes
Joe Stickley - You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Bob Dylan)
Artichoke - No Feelings
Joey Ramone - What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Brandy with Monica - The The Boy is Mine
David Gray - Say Hello Wave Goodbye
R.E.M. - Gardening at Night
Journey - Faithfully
Allman Brothers Band - Sweet Melissa
Whitney Houston - Whatchulookinat
Christina Aguilera - Lovin Me 4 Me
Melanie C. - Gaga
Bif Naked - I Died
U2 - Scarlet
Counting Crows - Long December
Neil Young - Pocahontas
Lou Rawls with Diane Reeves - At Last (That Old Feeling soundtrack)
Sarah Vaughn - Embraceable You
(That Old Feeling soundtrack)
The Spinners with Dionne Warwick - Then Came You
Angie Stone - No More Rain
Michael Jackson - PYT
Al Green - Hold On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home